Western Barber Institute is offering a $1,000 barber college scholarship starting March 14th 2013.
The barber college scholarship is offered to those looking to attend WBI’s Barbering Career Training course. This course covers all phases of barbering and shaving and consists of fifteen-hundred (1,500) clock hours. This include a minimum of 265 clock hours of technical instruction (lecture, demonstrations, classroom participation and/or examination) with the remaining 1,235 clock hours allotted to the completion of the state board’s minimum specified practical operations:
- All the rules and regulations of the barbering industry
- Haircuts and Hairstyles
- Shaves and Rest Facials
- Shampoo and Scalp manipulations
- Hair Waving and Curling
- Hair Coloring and Tinting
- Hair Processing and Relaxing
- Application of chemicals used on the hair, hairpieces, measuring, fitting and servicing of hairpieces and rolling cream massages
- Personal grooming, dress, employer-employee relationship, customer relations and communications skills
- And much more!
Description of Course:
This course covers all phases of Barbering.
Successful completion of this course will help to successful completion and pass the State Board National examination and license, which will allow you (as the barber) to perform all type of skills like:
- Hair Weaving
- Hair Coloring and other Chemical applications.
Students that attend our barber college regularly scheduled theory classes (lecture), read assigned chapters of their text books, perform actual practical operations (services) on another student, person or mannequin, and must take and pass assigned tests with a grade point average of 70% (C) or better.
The student will learn the technical techniques and methods of performing like:
- hair cutting & styling,
- the application of chemicals on the face and hair, hair weaving, relaxing, and hair coloring, rest facials,
- rolling cream massages,
- scalp manipulations,
- shaving and working with hairpieces,
- and acquire the knowledge of analyzing the hair, scalp and face,
before all services are done to determine any disorders as well as learn the proper use of implements relative to all barber services.
The student will acquire knowledge of laws and rules regulating the established California’s Barbering practices.
- Acquire the knowledge of sanitation and sterilization as related to all phases of Barbering as it relates to hair and skin.
- Acquire knowledge of general theory relative to Barbering including anatomy, physiology, and chemistry.
- Acquire business management techniques common to Barbering.
For more information about our Barbering course and Barber College Scholarship contact Contact us today at 877-WBI-4-YOU.
For Continuing Western Barber Institute Students, click on: Barber / Cosmo Crossover Program.
Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. You can apply for financial aid by filling out a FAFSA form. The grants received from the government are not loans, which means they do not have to be paid back. In addition, we also offer student loans that do need to be repaid six months after graduation date.